Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home in Honduras

Monday was a long day that began at 1:30 am and ended at midnight according to my biological clock (10:00 Honduras time). But it was glorious. Heather and I got seats next to each other on the plane from Georgia to Honduras. We kept turning to each other and saying, "We're going to Honduras!" Then when we got here, we kept telling each other, "We're in Honduras!" It feels as though we never left, and we appreciate everything, from the familiar stores to the random guys on the streets professing their love for us. I spent Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday unpacking and settling in, and I'm not completely finished. I left a bunch of stuff in storage here, and I brought a lot back with me from the States, so it's been a project. Tuesday evening, I picked up my dog, Tova. He's enormous! I took a picture and put it in my online photo album that you can see by clicking on the picture on my blog. You can skip to the end by bringing the mouse to the bottom of the screen and clicking on a thumbnail picture at the end. I have my work cut out for me with Tova, teaching him not to jump on people, not to drag me down the street like he did when I brought him home, to go to the bathroom in the right place... Please pray that the situation with Heather's and my dogs will work out, because we have a tiny space to keep them in during the day, and the teachers will be passing through that area. I'm making plans to get together with friends this week, and on Saturday, the other teachers from the U.S. will be arriving. Pray for unity and flexibility. Thank you.
P.S. - The only hint of the political situation so far were a few graffitied walls in San Pedro.

1 comment: