Friday, March 19, 2010

Sick

These are the moments that make you realize your worth... Earlier this week, one of my students approached me with a huge wrapped gift and said, "I give you this gift because you are my best friend for teacher, and I like how you teach." It was a big clay mushroom with a ladybug on it. Moments like that make all the complaints I get every day pale in comparison.

I haven't had a nosebleed in a month, ever since I started taking medication. I went back to the doctor this week with the results of a blood test he had sent me to get. My hemoglobin is borderline, which would explain, at least in part, why I'm always tired. My white blood cell count is a bit high, indicating an allergic reaction to something in the air, which could explain why I get sick so easily when I'm in Honduras, besides the fact that there are so many more contaminants in the water and food here. AND, my platelets are a bit low. I'm taking different vitamins and medications and getting another blood test in two months. Please pray for my health and energy - I really need it to teach.

The quarter is coming to an end. Next week, there are three days of exams, two days of mini olympics, and then we have a week off before the fourth quarter starts.

The weather has been switching back and forth from scorching hot to cold, and many students have been out sick. Seven of my 24 fifth graders were out at some point this week. Today was their first exam, and four students missed it. Please pray for everyone's health. It's funny to see some students coming to school wearing a doctor's mask to prevent the spread of sickness.

I am the LORD, who heals you. -Exodus 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment