Sunday, October 4, 2009

Standstill

Things are back to normal in Siguatepeque, but the situation with the ex-president is still not resolved, so keep praying. Here's an excerpt from an article published earlier this week:

"Honduras’s interim leaders suspended key civil liberties on Sunday for 45 days in response to calls for insurrection by ousted president Manuel Zelaya.

The measures were put in place just hours after Mr Zelaya urged his supporters to stage a protest in Tegucigalpa on Monday, to mark the three month anniversary of the coup that ousted him.

The government announced the decree on national television on Monday saying it was to protect the public and guarantee peace in the country.

It means that police and soldiers have the authority to break up any unauthorized public meetings, arrest people without warrants and restrict the news media."

My 5th graders exhaust me because it is so hard to keep their full attention. Many of them have told me they love me, they love my class, and I'm their "favorite Miss" (meaning favorite English teacher). Their parents have told me that their children are very happy with me and they can tell I'm a quality teacher. The 5th graders show they're enthusiastic to learn, yet I don't have their respect. I'm supposed to be observed sometime soon and get some much-needed advice, so please pray that it will happen soon and that I can turn things around.

Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible. -Matthew 19:26

P.S. - There are a few new pictures in my online album.

No comments:

Post a Comment