Friday, December 11, 2009

Almost Christmas

I'm going home for Christmas in a week! I was going to be home for two weeks, but I recently found out that the day after I planned to leave was the day my brother was given leave from the Air Force to go home for break. We would miss each other by a day, and I'd have to wait until summer to see him. I didn't think there was anything I could do about it, but my boss felt sorry and gave me permission to extend my stay and miss the first two days of school in January. I'm incredibly grateful :-) Now I have to work on sub plans :-/

I've noticed significant behavior improvements in several of my students and slight changes in others. There is still much to be desired, and there is still one student in each grade that continues to defy my authority, so they still need prayer for continued improvement. On top of that, with only a week until Christmas break, all of the students are getting pretty antsy. I can't say I'm not antsy as well. I need a break. I need prayer for patience and that I will continue to show my students Christ's love rather than my bitterness.

When I go to pick up my paycheck every month, though it's not much, I still find it hard to believe that I actually get paid for my work. I'm used to last year, when I invested all of myself into my students without receiving any monetary compensation. Moreover, all the paying jobs I've had in my life were just for the purpose of making money, whereas now my job is a lifestyle and something from which I reap greater rewards than just money.

The money I make is enough to cover my living expenses, but I'm being sucked dry by my college debt. In January, I'll have even bigger payments. There are plenty of programs out there that forgive loans for people in my situation, but none of my loan companies participate in them. The way things are going, I'll be in debt my whole life and losing money every month, mostly to interest. Of course "the way things are going" doesn't limit God. Or good advice. If anyone has insider hints that would help me, they would be much appreciated. God has never left me dry in all the times he's called me to take leaps of faith. It's just a horrible feeling to be in debt and to not be making any progress in paying it off.

Our school has updated it's website, and it's worth checking out: http://ceehonduras.org/
I'll see many of you soon.

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment